I adore it when people ask me to create a ceramic torso based on their body.
It is nerve wrecking of course, because so much can go wrong - anytime.
You start by applying plaster strips over the skin. And then you make a plaster replica, filling in any under cuts with clay..
You now need to build clay walls all around the replica in order to contain the fresh plaster poured over it in order to create the mould.
- Weeds and Vermin wp.me/ppAc3-1sY via @wordpressdotcom 2 days ago
- Daniel Dennett's seven tools for thinking gu.com/p/3fpt6/tw via @guardian 4 days ago
- One hundred and fifty years in the life of a tree. Plus the last few hours. wp.me/ppAc3-1sv via @wordpressdotcom 6 days ago
- A week in the life of a Cherry Tree wp.me/ppAc3-1sl via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- Early one May Morning wp.me/ppAc3-1rL via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago