This is a bit of a strange one, but it is affecting my work so I thought I’d write about it.
I have a a hedge with mature trees in it growing on my land. It provides privacy and the birds love the ivy! My neighbour would like it removed. Some years ago he bullied me into having the trees pollarded (reduced in height) by promising to leave me alone and stop bullying me if I agreed. So I finally did. But pretty soon afterwards he demanded that the trees be removed alltogether, using threats, harassment and solicitors to enforce his demands. And the reasoning behind him believing that he and his wife have the right to decide what grows in my garden? The reason they believe they can cut down my trees and saplings against my will? The reason is that I am a foreigner. Yes, I shouldn’t be here in the first place. I should ‘bugger off home’. So when he says ‘cut’, I should not ask ‘why’ , I should ask ‘how high’.
These new holes appeared last week. You can see his house pretty well. He likes to stand on his patio and shout abuse at me.
I am, to my great surprise, being subjected to racism. I grew up in Sweden and I moved to England some 25 years ago. You read in the papers about people being bullied for being ‘ginger’ or speaking with a different accent but I have never experienced racism before, myself. It is a strange one.
- wp.me/spAc3-5708 via @wordpressdotcom plaster sculpture by anna keiller 1 week ago
- Female Ceramic Torsos wp.me/ppAc3-1tU via @wordpressdotcom 1 week ago
- Palm Porn wp.me/ppAc3-1tz via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- One hundred and fifty years in the life of a tree...an update wp.me/ppAc3-1to via @wordpressdotcom 3 weeks ago
- sold wp.me/ppAc3-1ti via @wordpressdotcom 3 weeks ago