I remember making this torso a few years back. I had just come back from a walk on the East Hill near Hastings where there used to be an old Bronze age settlement.
I was walking across the bracken, thinking about what it may have been like to live on this hill all those years ago, when I saw a lady come walking towards me a little bit further up the path; a silhouette against the setting sun. Some crows flew over head, cackling, and I looked up for a moment. When I turned back, she was gone.
I decided to make a ceramic torso about this encounter, and picked a fern from the garden to incorporate into the clay.
She has been sitting in an Art Gallery for a few months, and I am glad she has finally found a new home.www.annakeiller.com
- New Fat Birds wp.me/ppAc3-1CS via @wordpressdotcom #ceramicsculpture 6 days ago
- Fat Bird Christmas run wp.me/ppAc3-1CB via @wordpressdotcom #ceramicsculptures #annakeillerceramics 1 week ago
- New Masked God Shrines wp.me/ppAc3-1Cs via @wordpressdotcom #ceramicsculpture 1 week ago
- Sold wp.me/ppAc3-1BO via @wordpressdotcom 2 weeks ago
- White Angel wp.me/ppAc3-1AY via @wordpressdotcom#ceramictorsos 1 month ago